Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ceriph Issue #1

My illustrations are in there! Not this issue #0, but issue #1, launching 17 September.

It feels a little like when I was in primary school and had my essays published in the yearly school magazines. Not so much like when my fashion illustrations were in Female for a couple of years; I don't think I even told people about those. Or even when a story of mine was published in a CAP book, because it seemed to me to be a super-secret-society the rest of the cooler world knew nothing about.

But this is a collection of writings from people who care about a story being told the right way. By young people who have a ton of things to do but still think this collection is more important. Who take the time to teach others to read and have cake and chai. Who made being literary and homely very socially enviable indeed. So it gives me some lip-biting delight to tell you about this book.

Support your local writers, photographers and illustrators by getting a copy! Or come to Books Actually on 17th september, 7:30-9:30 pm for the launch/reading of Issue #1.

1 comment:

pam said...

congratulations :) yay.